User Guides and FAQ
Full User Guide
Quick Start Guide
Project Assist Mobile User Guide
Please check frequently asked questions below for help. If you can't find the answer to your question then please don't hesitate to contact us.
- I can’t login, it keeps saying my username or password is incorrect?
- Are you using your email address or username when logging in? Pro-Study requires a username and won’t work with an email address. This is normally the cause of this issue but we are more than happy to take a further look if required.
- Can I use another browser or does it have to be Chrome?
- The Pro-Study Chrome extension also works on Edge. Just visit the Chrome store through Edge and you will be able to enable Chrome extensions.
- Additionally, you can use Pro-Study Online on any browser to access your research and use the Pro-Study features as normal, it is just the Pro-Study extension that requires either Chrome or Edge to capture information.
- My licence key is not working?
- It may have already been registered, please make sure you are on the login page and not trying to register it again - https://online.pro-study.co.uk/login
- Does Pro-Study work on a Chrome book?
- Yes, it does. Pro-Study is cloud based so will work on just about any computer.
- Why are none of my projects showing up in the right click context capturemenu? - I can't capture any content because of this.
- Please go to the Pro-Study extension and select visible projects, select some projects that you want to add content to, these will then show up in the right click context capture menu.
- What is Project Assist and where do I find it?
- Project assist is the smartphone companion app to Pro-Study. It is free for all Pro-Study users and can be accessed on both Apple and Android. Just download the app and login using the same credentials to sync all your projects - https://www.pro-study.co.uk/apps/
- How many reference styles does Pro-Study have?
- Pro-Study has over 9500 reference styles built in and is continuously updated.
- How many book barcodes can Pro-Study scan?
- Project assist allows you to scan the barcode of over 27 million books to automatically find and save the reference information.
- How do I get my copy of Pro-Study if I’ve been recommended Pro-Study through DSA?
- Please go to page 2 of your DSA2 letter and contact the equipment supplier listed. They will then send you your licence key.
- How do I add a new licence key to the same account e.g. one provided from DSA?
- Log into your account here and paste the new key into the licence key field. This will update your account and ensures you have all your projects saved under one account.
- When I open a file saved within Pro-Study, I can’t capture anything from it?
- The usual cause of this issue is when you have Adobe (or another) PDF extension also installed. Disable the other extension and the file will load with Pro-Study instead and allow you to use the standard right click capture method.
- How do I cancel my subscription?
- Please scroll to the bottom of the ‘BUY NOW’ page for instructions on how to cancel your subscription - https://www.pro-study.co.uk/buy-now/